Just wanted to say ... thanks for taking the time to stop by, hope you enjoyed your visit.x

Saturday 6 August 2011

cogs and watch bits...and me

Well hey there bloggers and thank you to all those lovely people who made me feel FAB by leaving me a comment. Maybe you will be back?Anyway having missed out on a design post to much more experienced crafters I decided to re-eveluate my blog and be truer to myself, so here I am grunged up and ready to roll.
LOOK OUT WORLD ! HERE I COME!!!!!!!!!!!

This is my newest creation, cogs and more:


I first made the background of the card using alcohol inks (slate,mushroom and silver mixative) onto glossy cardstock and then softened the look using blending solution, applied using an alcohol inks applicator and felt.

The middle panel was made by embossing a piece of white cardstock using a Tim Holtz embossing folder - steampunk..This was then coloured using my absolute favourite distress ink,  antique linen and then pumice stone and in some areas black soot.


The cogs were cut out of grungepaper (another favourite!) using Tim Holtz die - gadget gears. They were then coloured using black soot distress ink.Three of them were then randomly splodged with Tim Holtz distress crackle paint - (brushed pewter) in a variety of depths and leaving some areas untouched.

The last cog was covered in glossy accents and then tiny watch pieces added and then when the glossy accents started to go cloudy another layer of glossy accents added to trap the watch parts inside.Hope this makes sense?!!!


Once dry the alcohol ink background was overstamped using cogs from creative expressions stamp plates, using archival ink, as stamping onto glossy cardstock.Make sure this is dry before glueing cogs on, using pinflair glue to achieve depth and dimension.

I am entering this for the following competition -
GC110: Gears, Cogs and Watch bits
http://www.gingersnapcreations.blogspot.com/

Well can't wait to share some more of my new found self soon.
share the love and leave a comment
thanks trace.x

3 comments :

  1. I love all the layers of cogs! Thanks for joining us at Gingersnap Creation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really love the black cog with the watch parts. All of the card is sooo clever. Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. brilliant!! enough said. Bought this die quite a few months ago now and stil haven't used it - i'm soooo bad. Fab for men eh?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by and leave me a comment..it means a lot..hope you like what you see. Trace x