Just wanted to say ... thanks for taking the time to stop by, hope you enjoyed your visit.x

Wednesday 16 January 2013

follow your muse for Frilly and Funkie DT

Oh wow and yay it is my first official piece for Frilly and Funkie DT... how excited am I?! nervous and excited.. So Sue set the challenge follow your muse vintage style..the Frillies posted last Wednesday and now it is time for the Funkies to post ..
So I went for a tag, and brown distress as they always make me smile and butterflies,
so here is my make :

There is still another week to enter so make sure you pop across here to see all the brilliant Dt makes and maybe follow your muse and pop in an entry.
Here are the details of my make:

I started with a size ten tag and embossed the corners using the wonderful flourish embossing folder..i repeated this using a small part of the folder in the top and bottom corner.
Then I inked the tag using a combination of antique linen, and frayed burlap, then adding areas of walnut stain, I do love the colours of distress and the way they can be layered and blended. I used the large text stamp to over stamp the whole tag, using frayed burlap.


Cool that you can make a wonderful piece in just one colour.. brown, with  so many layers of that colour in different shades, hope that make sense!?

I stamped the beautiful Tim Holtz papillion butterflies onto a piece of card in coffee archival and added colour using a waterbrush and frayed burlap and walnut stain pens.

 
The word fly was cut from grungeboard using my new word play die and then coloured using espresso paint dabber and inked , then I dabbed each letter with ranger clear emboss it dabber which is fab...like a clear embossing powder but great for small pieces or edges..
I then clear embossed three times to give a nice glossy texture and contrast.


To complete I added an ideaology word band ..and rubbed snow cap paint dabber into the lettering to make it stand out. I also added trinket pins for a couple of the butterflies body..another texture.



Finally I coloured seam binding...just love this stuff so textural and versatile as it can be coloured..so easily.
 


There you have it my first make for the Frilly and Funkie DT..just want to say a huge thanks to Linda for having me as part of here amazing team x






25 comments :

  1. Well Trace I love your debut tag, it is full of eye catching liveliness and you are following your muse and your sentiment with such an inspirational piece.
    Enjoy your week.
    Hugs Brenda xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Terrific tag with some great ideas as always.

    Love Chrissie xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your pinned butterflies are just gorgeous, and the whole tag is absolutely Trace from top to bottom - your muse has led you down a beautiful path!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  4. another adorable pice that makes me really happy for this Wednesday!

    have a nice day Trace!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful first DT piece...can't wait to see more!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great tag Trace, love the swirls set against the butterflies and your dimensional letters are a lovely touch. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful tag Trace with elements I love. The layering of different shades of brown is so effective and the idea of using just a part of the embossing folder on the corners is inspired. Totally love it!

    Hugs
    Lesley Xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Way to go Trace!!! No reason to be nervous as this is a stunner of a tag. Love the pins in the centre of the butterflies and those lovely glossy letters are a real contrasting element. Hugs, Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just an amazing tag, love every detail, especially the glossy look of the letters.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Trace, see, there was nothing to worry about after all, this is fabulous and so very YOU. All the elements are gorgeous, loving the browns and the embossing and of course, the butterflies. A truly wonderful start to your part of the DT. Hugs, Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  11. gorgeous work Trace - really fab hun - great colours and the butterflies are just great xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great first make for Frilly and Funkie, Trace! This tag is gorgous and I love that FLY and all the fabulous Butterflies! We both did our DT posts today! Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yummm, totally sensational colors and textures Trace. I'm loving that embossed flourish and the butterflies are always a huge hit. I love what you have made for your first post at Frilly and Funkie. Super excited to be designing alongside you this year!

    Hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful tag Trace. I love the colouring and the beautfiful subtle variances therein. Emboss dabber? That sounds very handy. Your letters pop out with gloss fabulously. I love the butterfly's 'bodies'. Well done you! Nicola x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fabulous tag Trace, I too am a HUGE fan of the browns in Distress. Love how you've created texture with the EF. Sue C x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the Trinket Pins on the butterflies and the contrast of the DI background and the triple layered letters really pops xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Exquisitely crafted, dear Trace ! So beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Fab-u-Lous Tag Trace... Gorgeous colours & detail! Love the butterflies.. Brilliant creation... Hugs May x x x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Gorgeous tag, love the details and the colour you used. A favourite of mine as well.
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wonderful detailing,the colours are lovely.love the detail of the butterfly with the pins.Jacqueline.S

    ReplyDelete
  21. AMAZING....the way you change the look of your stunning tags. Always different and unique.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow! Love this way of combining vintage and a great color! Love these style! Hugs, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete
  23. A stunning tag Trace, fab techniques! x

    ReplyDelete
  24. I am trying to fly Trace but when you get so far behind in your blog posting, it's hard to get off the ground. You always seem to have such unique and creative touches to your work - like your butterflies on this tag - I love them. I know I believe in you!!!
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  25. Congratulations Trace, well done for making the team, you are so talented I'm sure you're going to give everyone tons of inspiration. This tag is very very cool, I'm loving those butterfly bodies and the letter are ace! Fantastic start to your DT makes. Proud of you buddy Michelle xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by and leave me a comment..it means a lot..hope you like what you see. Trace x