Just wanted to say ... thanks for taking the time to stop by, hope you enjoyed your visit.x

Tuesday 23 July 2013

thanks you teachers..

well the time has come for the last day for the boys at school for this year and so I have actually made the cards for the teachers this year...as you know I am no card maker and for some reason find them a huge challenge...but wanted to create a card to say thanks...I also made bottle tags and will show you those later in the week.x

I am a huge admirer of Jenny , whose amazing blog can be found here and think these cards were subconsciously influenced by her effortless card making style, (think I have a way to go...but happy with these)

so here they are :

 
I started by applying some texture paste (studio 490 white ) to the card and then when dry set too with distress inks in frayed burlap, broken china and walnut stain. I added some ink through the stencil too..

Over the raised areas I swiped some treasure gold in white fire...

The main image is from paperboy Artistic Outpost set, love this set! Finally inked it up..more makes from this set soon.. I stamped it onto an ATC die cut using Tim holtz ATC die. I also cut the top edge using notebook on edge die.


Some inking, spritz and flick and removing colour from face using water brush finishes this make. Oh and some of the torn notebook peeping out from the image...

The sentiment is from Tim Holtz set.

I hope the boys are having a fun toy day, although know for James, it will be hard saying goodbye to his teacher who truly has gone above and beyond to look after James x

have a fun and inky day!
trace x  

15 comments :

  1. Fabulous card Trace, I love the on the edge die you have used works fabulously with the Paperboy image and perfect for your teachers. I think you should do cards more often. Tracy x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morning Trace, I love it, love it, love it. The paperboy is one of favourite stamp plates, loving the colours and the texture paste.
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awe Trace, they will love it. It's such a great idea. Michelle xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how you have done this, the texture paste through lettering looks great yet again less is more. Sam

    ReplyDelete
  5. The card looks simple, but the radiance is so strong... Have fun with the kids at home, hugs, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous work trace. I bet the teachers loved it x

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fantastic card!!! Love it! Wished some of the parents in my school teacher days had made me cards like that, - so much nicer than bought ones, this is fab and that boy so suits the teacher theme!

    ReplyDelete
  8. A faboulous make, Trace!

    Love how you used the paper boy image! It's just perfect!

    Hugs,
    Claudia x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my goodness how beautiful Trace! You have got the balance of all the elements perfectly in a great layout, with that fantastic edge and super boy. I bet the teachers were thrilled to bits. Thank you for your kind words too. You've made my day. Hugs, Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great Work!! I don't know why you think your cards are so difficult to create......

    Try not to pull all your hair out now that you will have a house full....lol

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful card, like Astrid said, I would have been thrilled to receive one of those.
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful Thank You card Trace.
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  13. Terrific. The teachers will be so pleased to have a handmade card.

    Love Chrissie x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Just wonderful, sure the teachers will treasure them.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous, muted colour palette and brilliant use of the Paperboy. Gorgeous texture in the background too... the teachers will love them. (And you could come and play over at Artistic Outpost too!)
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by and leave me a comment..it means a lot..hope you like what you see. Trace x