Just wanted to say ... thanks for taking the time to stop by, hope you enjoyed your visit.x

Wednesday 15 October 2014

Autumn colours for Frilly and Funklie

Well the latest challenge over at Frilly and Funkie is Autumn colours and I have gone all Wendy Vecchi with this make...and some distressly goodness of course. So here is my autumn coloured make :


I  love the rich tones of autumn and although I am not a regular colourful crafter I had fun making this piece. I used some of the new distress sprays to create these flowers using the tattered floral die. and plenty of spritzing of the new distress stain sprays for the leaves too , mixed with stains for the colours I don't yet have.


The background used distress stains, sprays and Wendy Vecchi's gorgeous texture paste and crackle paste. You can also see the paste on the heart. believe me this crackle paste is gorgeous!!

I added a Wendy Vecchi quote stamped and cut into pieces to fit on my piece.


See the gorgeous squiggly border, stamped in archival ink again a Wendy Vecchi stamp. Look at the sparkle from a little of the metallic distress stain spray.


And the yummy crackle on the heart ....Also the detail of the white texture paste coloured up and added through a Wendy Vecchi stencil.



I am back on the Frilly and Funkie blog on Saturday 25th October with a step x step of how I created this project..full of all the details...


make sure you pop across and see all the rest of my fab team mates autumnal makes and maybe you will be the lucky winner or guest designer ...you have o be in it to win it!

keep those fingers inky and those hearts full!
trace x 

9 comments :

  1. This is absolutely beautiful Trace! I love how you've incorporated the pastes to add texture to the base before applying the colour. A fabulous autumnal make. Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely gorgeous Trace, love your make! There is a softness in your Autumnal colours that I really like and I love all the subtle textures and of course the crackle on the heart looks fantastic!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really beautiful-your flowers are always amazing

    Love Chrissie x

    ReplyDelete
  4. OHHHHH SO PRETTY! I really need to get some of this crackle paste.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A wonderful creation for the Autumn - lovely textures and beautiful colours.
    xxx Hazel.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is lovely, Trace! Gorgeous colors. Love the background you have created and the crumpled leaves and beautiful. Great inspiration piece for our visitors.

    Hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous autumnal colours and a wonderful background and crackle heart. xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by and leave me a comment..it means a lot..hope you like what you see. Trace x