Just wanted to say ... thanks for taking the time to stop by, hope you enjoyed your visit.x

Wednesday 1 October 2014

believe in the magic .

Well it is the first of the month and time for a new challenge over at Country View Crafts Challenge and the theme is sparkle and shine. So I have taken the sparkle and shine and given it a vintage feel. I am not a huge sparkle and shine but wanted to show how a little bit of sparkle can be incorporated into vintage style to give it a great lift.
So here is my make :



I absolutely love these found relatives occasions cards and have used them recently here , and thanks so much to Paula Cheney who included those projects on a list of ten that can be found here.

So onwards to how I created this piece, I just love this image and love that I can sand it, distress it and it remains clear and sturdy...did I say I love these cards! 

Now I would have some lovely step by step pictures but sadly there has been a teensy weensy communication issue between me and hubbie and they have been deleted! :( 

So we will have to make do and mend as they say x

I started by covering a piece of MDF about 8" x 7" with paper from holidays past paper stack, oodles of picket fence distress stain and some paint rubbed in. I love how the design can be seen but softly . iIthen edged with walnut stain distress ink and added some glue and seal around edges and dusted with rock candy distress glitter .


More sparkle and shine can be found on this snowflake on the edge die, which has been die cut, inked and covered in glue and seal and rock candy distress glitter. I love the vintage fell this gives , as I have to admit sparkle and shine don't often appear in my pieces .


Onto the found relatives card I added some of the festive rub ons which have a white and black sheet, here I opted for the white.

I made some really soft coloured flowers using the poinsettia die and made these by cutting, colouring with distress stain in tattered rose, then spritzed, scrunched and left to dry over night. For that added vintage sparkle I added a new gumdrop.


at the top of the photo I added another smaller poinsettia, complete with sparkly gumdrop.


I also added some white snowflake rub ons to the background. This design is a large piece on mdf board but could so easily become a large and elegant vintage card.


I added some dyed seam binding and one of the new festive tokens to complete the piece.

 


So hope you like my festive sparkle and shine make ...make sure you pop across here for lots more inspiration from my DT team mates and there will be lots more throughout the month.
Hopefully you will find the time to join in the fun in our sparkle and shine theme and you could be one of the lucky ones and win £20 voucher for Susan's shop, or you could be lucky enough to have a guest design spot.



13 comments :

  1. Beautiful card Trace. Hugs Rita xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this Trace,fab backing and gorgeous image.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous Trace and just the right amount of sparkle! I don't often use it either (have a box full of glitter that never leaves the cupboard, lol) but when I do Rock Candy Dry Glitter is my go to!

    Hugs
    Lesley Xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I guess I haven't been paying very close attention to the new product releases because I don't think I knew about the found relatives for holidays! You created a beautiful piece here, Trace! Puts me in the Holiday spirit!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's so pretty, Trace - love the delicate vintage sparkle on the snowflakes and the image is adorable!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Trace this is just beautiful - love all the texture you have created

    Hilda x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Trace this is gorgeous, I love your poincettias, and those 'found relatives' are fab - I must admit I didn't know about these, but maybe I need them now lol xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. love this vintage project and its sparkle. Helene

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great soft colours and stunning flowers! Hugs, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is lovely Trace - the soft coloring on the accent pieces is beautiful. I agree those found relatives are awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Really beautiful flower Trace. I have that die and have never got on with but think after seeing this I need another go! A stunning make.
    Julia xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fantastic Trace. Just the right amount of sparkle and shine. Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Delightful, I just adore the wonderful colours and elements you have used on this Trace xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by and leave me a comment..it means a lot..hope you like what you see. Trace x