Just wanted to say ... thanks for taking the time to stop by, hope you enjoyed your visit.x

Tuesday 25 April 2017

Make this journey your own.

So life here is busy, busy but I made this tag couple of weeks ago and have found a snippet of time to blog it ...so here it is :




I am still so in love with the new distress oxides and enjoying my playtime with them and eagerly awaiting news to see if more colours will be coming...I do hope so!

So for the background on this tag I used iced spruce and vintage photo..


For the background of the tag I applied these straight to the tag and spritzed and layered ... I also created another piece , to use to die cut from  using walnut stain distress oxide and distress ink and iced spruce distress oxide , applied to craft sheet , spritzed and dipped into..


I just love the gorgeous textures and drops of colour this creates ...I edged the tag in walnut stain distress ink



I then placed a stencil on - Tim Holtz chevron 024 and applied some water through using blending foam which removes some of the colour and dried and added some journey and vintage tape from the new sets ...




I due cut the houses using metropolis thinlits from Tim Holtz...using the pre-prepared piece of card and inked edges using ground espresso distress ink.


Now for the details...I added these onto the base layering some on 3-d foam to create depth ...a clippings sticker, cut and edged with ink, some dyed seam binding, rub ons and plenty of my much loved idea-ology..


I cant get enough of the film strip and mini attacher staples.. for that added detail..


and here are the fab die cuts with all those inky splatters..and a bit of rusty wire ..


So hope you like my make , a simple playtime tag full of Tim Holtz yumminess!


So I am off for some more GCSE maths lessons to sort ,, among other things ..
whatever your day brings hope its a good one ..

trace 
x


14 comments :

  1. I adore your style, your colors! This tag is wonderful! barbara

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE this tag Trace! Such a fabulous cityscape at the bottom and on the perfect backdrop xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Trace this is wonderful and what a great colour combo!!! The background is so yummy already and then those houses and other embellies finish it off to perfection! Love this heaps and thanks for the inspiration!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You use the limited palette of oxides wonderfully and the cityscape is so beautifully put together - love this Trace xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely beautiful Trace, love your oxide colour choices, they make the cityscape come to life - and I love the rusty wire! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the oxides aswell; try to use them not too often!!
    This tag looks great; love how you splattered on all of it! Hope you have a good and colourful week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning tag and the way you used and coloured everything is wonderful Trace

    Love Chrissie xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous subtle colour tones, and I love your splattery buildings. Terrific work with the Oxides - this is a treat of a tag, Trace.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I want to say the exact same thing as Barbara Schiassi said. I really love this tag and your style and the colors. So inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fantastic tag. So atmospheric!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The background on the tag and the buildings is very impressive. I am going to try that on some of my little houses.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your vintage tag! I have had a look around your blog and am loving what I see! So many pretties to look at.
    Kate

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by and leave me a comment..it means a lot..hope you like what you see. Trace x